Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

In the future I hope to make this 'Weekend Wrap Up' post available on Sunday evening. The usual and expected hiccups of nursey breaks, the ever present threat of a 'Madi Meltdown', scheduled playtime, diaper changes and naps, inevitably delayed this entry.

Thursday marked Madison's 8 month birthday!! She is growing up so fast.  True to what other parents had told us...you really DO need to savor and participate in your child's every moment of every day because. Seems like yesterday I was going to the hospital to deliver Miss Madi!

She has been slithering around on her belly for the past few weeks and has graduated to 'GI Joe crawling' to a kind of inch worm moove. She has gotten quite quick too! Set her down and she takes off. Gone are the days when we could set her down and knew she was'nt going anywhere...or getting into anything:) She can easily maneuver herself over the small step leading from our living room into the kitchen of our house...and she quite enjoys coming to visit me when I am trying to cook.

And now this post must be delayed further as Madison is having a fantastically vocal, wriggling MELTDOWN!!!!

....where was I?!? O yes, bragging about Madison's 'accomplishments'! (I am that annoyingly proud mama who simply REFUSES to stop bragging about her child with zero apologies.)

I have introduced cereal, oatmeal and fruits and veggies into her diet at 7 months...she still nurses exclusively and OFTEN! Bananas GOOD...green peas BAD.

We took Madi on her first overnight trip(2 nights-3 days) to my husband's family cabin 1 hour 1/2 from town for my birthday weekend. She has NEVER been away from our house overnight until now!! Sleep was virtually non-existant, but overall she 9or should I say WE) adjusted nicely. My brother, SIL and their boys: Cam-7 yr., Fos-4yr. and Em-22 Mon. accompanied us on the excursion.





While on our mini-break she started pulling up like crazzzy on sofas, chairs, me! And she took her first REAL crawl on ALL 4's!! Baby girl's getting to be big time.

A new sleepy/nappy schedule has begun rotation, which means 10 hours at night (of course, nursing every couple of hours) and 2-3 solid 1 to 2 hour naps thoughout the day. Finally the no nap strike has ended, for NOW:)

Madison has also found her speaking voice, so a lot of repetitive vowel sounds have become welcome and humorous chatter around here. I swear she says ay-yi-yi when she wants to show frustration, hopelesses, sadness, annoyence and so on and so forth!! Funny kiddo.

My 32nd birthday was Saturday and our parents came up to the cabin to celebrate for the day. We traveled back home and hubby took his girls out to dinner out at my fave sushi restaurant in Tulsa! Whew! What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment