Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wordless Wednesday

I am a bit embarassed to admit that we did'nt even get out of bed today until 1:00 pm! Madison woke up around 10:00 am, after sleeping a pretty sound 11 hours. I shamelessly started watching that series, Tabatha's Salon Takeover, and I kind of got hooked! We just put a flat screen television in our bedroom, which we swore we'd NEVER do, and lately we sort of wake up to it. Madi is just like me...she needs a good 30 to 45 minutes in the mornings to fully wake and be functionable. My mom has told me that as a baby and well into my childhood, in the mornings she would have to lie down on the sofa with me on her chest and let me wake up slowly. Like mother like child, I guess! Madison reminds me of myself so much lately. I see a lot of me in her. Poor Grant! lol.

Well anyways, I had my usual breakfast of yogurt and granola in bed and then Madison went down for her mid morning nap. I could'nt resist the urge to get a few more winks in myself, so I napped with her for a solid hour! I felt so guilty for staying in bed so long, but in my defense I AM still trying to shake a sinus/allergy cold:)

Madison made me laugh so hard today. She is seriously one of the most comical babies! What she was doing was'nt all that funny... she was trying to squeeze into the space between our refrigerator and cabinet, which is like 6 inches wide! What was the kicker, is that she would laugh, crawl backwards, and do it again. Maybe she though if she got a running start she just might fit!


The Funniest Baby
*She has become very intrigued by outside. She goes up to our sliding glass door and gets up on her knees and presses her little hands and face up to the glass and just stares into the backyard. It is the cutest sight.

*She was super talkative from the minute she awoke this morning. She made some new sounds and got so tickled with herself she would crack up!

*We play patty cake constantly, so now she claps ALL the time. This is her doing the 'put it in the pan' part of the song.

*When I ask her "how big is Madison?" she'll raise both arms over her head and smile. What a little genious:)

*She has started to put things away, like her toys and books. I'll find toys in random places, like the television stand, or in cabinets. I think she sees me picking up her toys ALL day long and she wants to help me out!

*She will pull her foot all the way up to her face and pull her sock off with mouth and giggle.

*Madison laughs with her eyes and deep from her belly. It truely is, without a doubt, the sweetest and most innocent sound...absolute music to my ears. I smile so big when she laughs!

*She will bully her stuffed animals and then cuddle and love them.lol

*She pats me on the chest when she nurses and when she thinks I'm not giving her my 'full and undivided' attention.

*She initiates peek a boo with me by pulling up on the ottoman and peeking her head over the edge and when I say 'I see you' or 'peek a boo', she bobs her head down as if to hide!
~~~~
Shrimp Scampi Linguine
I had some shrimp I had to use up by today, so I threw this little number together. Note; I really do not measure much when I cook, so amounts are approximates.

1 dozen precooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed and rinsed if using frozen
Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning blend, Sea Salt, Minced garlic, pepper seasoning blend(or fresh cracked),Old Bay or cajun seasoning blend
1 to 2 TSP. lemon juice
1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) or enough to generously coat a large non-stick saute pan
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Grated parmesan cheese - 1/4 to 1/2 cup, more or less
Linguine Pasta, cooked al dente

Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and melted butter, seasonings, lemon juice and then shrimp.
Saute, stirring about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn down heat and add minced garlic and parmesan cheese.
Add in Pasta and mix until well incorporated, stirring about 1 to 3 minutes. Do not overcook or it will be chewy.
Take off heat and plate. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Serve with toasted baguette or crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment