Saturday, March 6, 2010

Welcome to Hill Bistro

Oh my!! MMMMMM is all I can say of tonight's gourmet meal! We rarely go out to eat at restaurants and quite prefer to cook at home, even before we had Madison. It's always nice when the weather permits us to grill outside. And today was an exceptional 68 degrees and sunny!

My husband likes to help with preparation and execution of meals and is a fantastic grill master! He is eager to learn some of the techniques and recipes I have learned and created. And Madison is very content to sit in her highchair and watch us in the kitchen. In fact, she will sit in her highchair, following my every move around the kitchen. I spend a good deal of time in the kitchen, as I love to bake and am always coming up with new recipes. I talk Madison through my mixing, chopping, basting, cooking...like she is my own little audience! She loves it!


Tonight's Menu:

*Grant's stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese, bacon, green onions and rosemary
*Fresh Ceaser Salad with grated Parmesan cheese curls
*Rosemary garlic roasted red potatoes with garlic cloves
*Italian basted Grilled Zucchini and Squash coins in foil packets
*Seared sesame peppered Ahi Tuna (for Moi') with homemade cajun remolade and wasabi soy dipping sauces
*Filet Mignon (for Hubby)
*Warm Semi-homemade Walnut Chocolate Chip Turtle Brownies with Vanilla Ice Cream and Hot Fudge drizzled on top

Grant prepared and made the stuffed mushrooms, potatoes and grilled the steak and vegetables(I was holding Madison while she napped). I grilled the tuna indoors on a grill pan and prepared the remolade and wasabi soy. I had baked the brownies earlier today.

The meal was better than ANY restaurant meal I have had in a long time...and we got to spend time together cooking with none of the interruptions we would experience out. No bill to pay, no extra wait times, and most important...we got to pick out only the freshest high quality ingredients and prepared the food to our liking.

Please feel free to E-mail me for the recipes for tonight's meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment