Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

We were blessed with beautiful weather ALL weekend...and we took advantage of it with lots of outdoor activities. Sure was nice to finally get out of the house and rejuvinate our bodies with much needed doses of vitamin D from the sun! Madison is our outdoors girl! She LOVES being outdoors...we would take her outside for a little sunshine when she was only weeks old.

Madison is turning into quite the little climber. We put toys in her car seat and she'll crawl right up into it and grab her toys! It is so funny to watch her. She likes to crawl over and through obstacles, like the bottom self of our kitchen wine cart (big no no). She has also really taken off with her crawling, leaving a room and to go explore the hallway,a bathroom, the foyer or the kitchen in a matter of SECONDS. 90% of the time is on all fours, except when I start to chase her and she wants to get away from me fast, then she'll slither! lol. She really loves to have us chase her...it's a funny game to her.

She is beginning to understand and acknowledge the word 'no no'. I find myself saying it rather often these days. Just today I caught her on her knees poised and ready to stick her finger in a light socket!! I said 'no no' and wagged my finger at her, explaining that 'you will get shocked'. She smiled and left it alone for the time being. She will try again later, no doubt, when she thinks no one is watching. Ha! Mama is ALWAYS watching!

She is also learning what 'ouch' and 'owww' mean. She enjoys yanking on my hair when it is down so hard, that I usually yelp. I have started firmly saying 'oww' to try and break this habit. She bites as well. And i mean HARD. She bites me when we are nursing...Yes, on THAT! It hurts. I know she does not mean to, she is just learning to use those two big teeth she has. She likes to crawl to our feet and bite our toes.

She grabs at everything. She'll grab at my water glass when I try to take a drink and I'm holding her. I let her put her hand in my ice water the other day to feel the sensation of the cold wetness, and she was fascinated. She just looked at her cold wet hand and dove back in for an ice chip, which she fingered and rolled around in her hands until it had melted. Think how amazing it must be to be 8 months old and discovering all these new things for the first time...must be absolutely overwhelming!

This morning we went to our fave bagel place on Brookside, Old School Bagels. Madi loves little car rides. We of course hit our Starbucks for my usual daily indulge. Much to the barista's amazement, who knows me by voice, I did deviate and order a light Frappachino today!

When we got home, she took a monster 2 hour nap and then played in her Baby Einstein jump n' play for a good 15 minutes before getting bored. Gave me just enough time to have a quick snack and start this blog, determined to get this entry posted by this evening.

Next week we are going to try to make it to baby yoga classes on Tusday and Thursday and Mommy class on Thursday as well. Any fun outdoorsy activities/suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment