Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Snowy Spring Saturday

It is Spring. It is Snowing. I had shorts and a tee-shirt on yesterday. Today I have on a sweatshirt. That's Oklahoma weather for ya'!


I remember as a kid growing up, leaving for Spring Break in the middle of a snow storm. Or leaving in beautiful weather and coming home to a snow storm. So, this really is not too out of the ordinary. As long as I am inside a cozy home safe and warm with my loved ones, I enjoy a good snow! It really is a beautiful sight. The trees are capped in white and there's a distinct smell to the outdoor air. Like chimney smoke and that unique 'cold' smell. I can't quite describe it. It just smells 'cold' and crisp.

Madi woke up around 9:45 AM...early for her. She usually sleeps in until 10 or 11, but she slept solid last night for 5 or 6 hours without nursing! This is a new record for us! Most nights she will sleepily nurse every 2 or 3 hours.

Yesterday she ate an entire jar of baby apples(also a new record for her!) compared to half or 3/4 of the usual amount she eats in one sitting. This could have contributed to the great sleep. I don't plan on getting use to the idea of her sleeping this well every night however! At this age, with all the developmental changes and milestones Madi is hitting, sleep varies from one night to the next.

I decided to make chicken tortilla soup today. It is a slow cooker, all day kind of recipe. I like to boil a whole organic chicken. That way I get a good homemade stock! The prep work for the recipe takes the most time. So DH took Madi off my hands while I chopped vegetables and got the chicken boiling on the stove.

While I was in the kitchen DH had managed to get Madi down for a nap. She has been napping solid for the past hour! I am getting some blogging done and will even be able to enjoy a relaxing, quiet shower! It is amazing how much I look forward to a quiet shower these days.

So that's my day so far. It is definitely a stay in day!

No comments:

Post a Comment