Friday, March 12, 2010

Not So Glamorous Mama Moments

You know what moments I'm talking about....the stuff no mama wants to divulge! I'm talking about diaper explosions, poop, pee, bumps, etc. I've had my fair share in the short 8 1/2 months of being a mama. And the last two days have been FILLED with them.

I can honestly say that my motherhood skills were tested to the MAX yesterday! It took my ALL to maintain composure and patience throughout this Thursday. It was however a gorgeous day weather wise, so I am thankful for that.

Madison slept HORRIBLY the last 2 nights. She wanted to play all night long and fought us tooth and nail until 11 pm when sheer exhaustion won and she fell asleep, unwillingly. She woke several times during the night and nursed a bunch. I think her top teeth are about ready to sprout and she is crawling and pulling up, so this is probably cause for the sleeplessness. usually when babes hit major milestones and teething is present, sleep is erratic. Since we co-sleep, sleep for me was non-existant.

She slept a little better last night, giving me a 5 hour break with the nursing. This morning, however, I woke to a soaking wet bed!!!

Madi had kicked her pants off during the night, which she so often does. I usually put them back on her so if she does have an overflowing diaper, the pants will soak up most of WHATEVER!

Well, I failed to put her bottoms back on and she was sleeping in a shirt and diaper and the pee runneth over! The comforter (which we had JUST gotten dry cleaned a week ago for a poop mishap) was soaked, as was the bedsheet and mattress cover. Her shirt was also wet as was my top and bottoms.

So, at 7 AM, half asleep, I stripped the bed, changed her diaper and pajamas, made the bed and wiped myself clean and changed into dry clean clothes. The whole time Madison sleepily and softly wimpered, wanting to be done with it all already and go back to sleep. I nursed her back down and we got a few more hours of sleep.

Now, this was a very MILD mess. We have had much worse diaper explosions. Like the time poop was everywhere...on me, her and the bed. It was soooo gross! Or the other times that we had daipers bust in the car. Yuck! That is why I would advice packing and keeping an extra set of clothes and socks in daiper bag and in car.

Meltdown Mania
It is really hard to stay composed and sane when you have an overtired baby who refuses to nap ALL day. Thursday really drained me mentally and physically as I spent the entire day soothing and holding Madison. I literally could not even go to the bathroom without her or she would scream. She was quite needy and really just wanted her mama in constant view. So far, this morning she has been happy to play independently, as long as I'm in the same room. I am praying that today will be less fits and more naps. She is such a happy baby usually:)

I would love to hear from other mama's about similar experiences and challenges. Please share some of your 'not so glmourous mama moments' with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment