Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome To My Blog!!

…today…


Your blog is your unedited version of yourself.

Welcome to my blog!

Just weeks before I gave birth to my first daughter I decided it was finally time to start blogging. After much prodding and encouragement from family and friends I decided to have a go at it!

I was skeptical to say the least. Why would I want to share my life with the world?? And why would the world care to take interest in my life??

I have, up until this point, always had a skewed opinion about blogs. I felt like they were just brag sites…a place to boast about one’s good fortune and a platform for parents to show off how cute their kiddies were.

Before all you long-time bloggers reading this are quick to judge and hate me…I can admit that I was looking at the blogging in a slightly negative way. I am a pretty private person and have never wanted to just put it ALL out there.

I was a little nervous about becoming a Mama for the first time. I do not have any close friends that have babies or children that live close by. I was pretty much the first of our friends to get married and now, have a baby. As I began blogging, I discovered that it was a wonderful way to share news and experiences with family and friends. It also became an avenue to release ideas and thoughts trapped in my head.

I have a new appreciation for the blog world and realize that I was being a bit bias and a little close minded to the whole idea of blogging. I now know that this is a great outlet for one’s feelings, emotions and thoughts.

I thank God that I have my wonderful SIL and Mom for support and guidance. I speak with my Mom daily and see her several times a week. Being a mother to three boys and a practicing doula and childhood educator, my SIL is a big support.

There are days where I feel very alone with and spend many a sleepless night obsessing and worrying over motherhood.

I found myself wondering if I am doing everything right.

This blog is dedicated to my daily struggles and joys of being a new Mama and adjusting to the lifestyle changes of motherhood.
Being an attached parent, having never been apart from Madison for longer than 3 hours at a time for only a handful of times, I rarely miss a smile,sneeze,laugh,cry,roll,crawl,etc..

I decided on the title Parenting In My Pajamas, because for the most part of my days, I am in my PJs. Of course Madi is usually dressed in a matching ensemble…complete with a matching pair of socks and bow!

My hope now, is to develop this blog as a place to document my daily experiences as a mother and to discuss the real things I face as I raise Madison. I want to share every new milestone and just plain old daily ‘stuff’. At times, it is smiles and laughs. Other days are filled with meltdowns and diaper explosions.

As I find useful and trendy baby products and services that are fantastic, I will offer weekly reviews. I know as a new parent, it is difficult to find functional and practical items that really are worth the money! There are so many baby products to choose from. Hopefully, my reviews will help other Mamas make informed purchases!

Any and all comments, experiences, feedback and suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed for frequently updated content!

…tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment