Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Two Week Check-Up

A baby has a special way of adding joy in every single day.


-- Author Unknown

Today we went for Madison's 2 week check-up with her pediatrician, Dr. B. I am sooo happy her and can't tell you how much we adore her! She is fabulous and I knew the second that I met her that I was making the right choice.


I spent a great deal of time researching local pediatricians. I got professional referrals from other doctors, family and friends. In the end I decided to interview with an MD that both my OB and SIL use. She was currently not taking on new patients, but I convinced her office to meet with me. I think she felt the connection as well when we met, because she took us as patients! I was so relieved. She will be Madi's doctor for a long time and it is important that we are comfortable with her.

They measured her weight and length to make sure she was gaining back her birth weight...which she did! She is 7 pounds, a gain of 1 LB from 1 week ago. Yay! My good little nurser:)

After she was born, she lost 6 ounces. This is typical of newborns, as they generally will lose up to 20% of birth weight. She measured right at 19 1/2 inches. I was told that the hospital does not always record "exact" length and usually round the number. It is easier for them to record. So, Madi more than likely did not grow any longer...the hospital was just a bit 'off' with their numbers.

Madi has had a bit of a stuffy nose today...I think she may have some sinus or allergies...just like me. Sorry for this baby girl:) Dr.B reassured me that it was not in her chest, just her nose.


Last night Madi slept for 5 hors straight from 6 AM to 11 Am for the second day in a row. I think she may be getting into a predictable routine with her sleeping. I am remembering that while in the womb, she would usually be sleeping around these hours. I would rarely feel movement...and she was an active baby even in vitro!

~~~~~~
Dear Madison,



You are 12 days old today! To think that I brought you into this world just a week and a half ago. I love you so very much and count my blessings every day taht you are in my life. You have brought so much joy to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment