Monday, February 22, 2010

Welcome

The day my daughter Madison was born, 8 months ago, I began writing in a journal. I would track the times she would nurse and for how long. I recorded the number of wet/dirty diapers and the times I changed them and when and how long she slept/napped. Being an attached parent, having never been apart from Madison for longer than 3 hours at a time for only a handful of times, I rarely miss a smile,sneeze,laugh,cry,roll,crawl,etc. As she grew I found this way of journaling entirely cumbersome and damn near impossible as her motor skills developed and she began grabbing the pen or eating the pages of the journal. So I decided to start this blog as she allows me to type on the computer as she plays below foot or sits in my lap.

I decided on the title Parenting In My Pajamas, because for the most part of my days, I am in my PJs while Madison is dressed promptly in the mornings complete with matching socks and bows! My hope is to develop this blog as a place to document my daily experiences as a mother and to discuss the real things I face as I raise Madison as well as milestones and just plain old daily 'stuff'. At times, it is smiles and laughs. Other days are filled with meltdowns and diaper explosions.

Any and all comments, experiences, feedback and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment