Monday, February 22, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

Awwww, Monday! Today found me in my pajamas almost the ENTIRE day except for when I donned some jeans and a sweatshirt to do the grocery shopping and daily Starbucks run. And then of course, there was that lovely diaper explosion late this afternoon which had me showering and changing into the evenings pajamas. I mean, it is almost 5:oo PM!

Madison chose to sleep until around 11:30 AM today, as she did not go down until midnight last night and decided she needed to nurse almost the entire night. I think I averaged a few hours of sleep, which is pretty darn good! No afternoon meltdown today and she even napped  for an hour and a half. Of course, I had to hold her the entire time, but I did'nt mind catching up on some recorded television. And it gave me an excuse to put off doing the laundry a little longer!

About an hour after waking, last night's Squash kicked in and a bomb went off in Madi's diaper. Poop everywhere...me, her, the floor! So, bath for her, shower for me. Outfit change numero dos for her and tres for me. Then the meltdown bus came to town and a good old nursing soothed Madison into a zen like quietness I have been needing all day so I could post. Now as she wriggles around in my arms bored with the monotony of my typing, I am glad today is almost finished and look forward to Madison's goofy evening performances she provides us with every night. We will see what Tuesday brings us....

No comments:

Post a Comment